Welcome to DuBois Lumber & Rental Center
DuBois Lumber, formerly the Rasmussen Lumber Company has been serving the residents of Crawford County since Sam Rasmussen purchased the Old Grayling House many years ago and converted the building house into the office and storage building for his lumber company. Dick DuBois purchased the lumber company in 1955 and renamed the business DuBois Lumber. DuBois operated the lumber company until his retirement in 1978 and he sold the business to Dave and Jill Wyman. In 1984, Wyman moved one of the storage buildings across Norway Street adjacent to the railroad tracks, built a two-story storage building and constructed the new showroom and office complex. This project consolidated the entire DuBois Lumber operation on the south side of Norway Street.
In May of 1990, Kelly & Michelle Elmy purchased the lumber company from the Wymans. In the spring of 2000 they expanded the business with the opening of the Rental Center. In their continuing effort to provide quality service, construction on an entire new facility began in June of 2005.
DuBois Lumber & Rental Center opened its doors at their new location on February 13th, 2006 growing from 4,000 square feet to 18,000 square feet. The Rental centered was moved to the new location at 6593 West M72 on April 30, 2006 and offers a wide variety of fine professional equipment. The added space at the new store allows for a greater inventory, diversified products & expanded customer service.
DuBois Lumber & Rental Center is committed to offering its customers quality products and excellent service and appreciates the tremendous local support from this community.